Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Sony 42-Inches of pure brilliance

Similar to lots of people reading this, I take pleasure in the celebration of Christmas a great deal.


 


Though I am not religious (in truth, I’ve frequently described myself like the ‘spiritually inclined’ atheist – even if I have taken to observing all 8 Pagan Sabbats over the course of this year), I still view Christmas as the joyous time being spent with family, friends and people you think as belonging to the closest ring of the ‘inner circle’.


 


My relatives is one with many enduring Christmas traditions, plenty of that will obviously be passed on to my family (should my girlfriend and I ever choose to have any). We bring out similarly decorations year after year (a few of which have always been in the family for over a 100 years).


 


On Christmas Eve, my Mum will still read ‘Twas The Night Before Christmas’ by Clement C. Moore to my brother and myself (and latterly my girlfriend too), although we are now in our twenties. Until lately, we would move out into the streets and chime the ‘sleigh bells’ for our neighbours’ kids to hear from their window (as their mother and father did for my brother and I when we were kids).


 


Maybe our best family tradition, yet, is the ritual viewing of a Frank Capra Christmas tradition ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’. The flick stars Jimmy Stewart as the perennial ‘nice guy fallen on misfortune’ George Bailey, Donna Reed as his wife Mary, Henry Travers as Clarence, George’s guardian angel and of course, Lionel Barrymore as a truly dastardly ‘Old Man Potter’.


 


No matter what else goes on (or how confused Christmas Eve might be, especially now that travel may be a factor in our coming together), we ALWAYS find time to stream that particular film on that individual evening.


 


When George runs gleefully through the streets of Bedford Falls shouting “Merry Christmas you wonderful old building and loan!” My Father is welling up, by the point George’s brother Harry declares him being “the richest man in town”, I’m right there with him. There’s just a certain, sparkling, honest-to-goodness enchartment to it, the script is wonderful , the direction is miles ahead of its time and the performances, well, (to quote Bernard Black of ‘Black Books’ fame) “Ah, they’d soften your face”.


 


Why am I revealing you this?


 


Well, seeing as there’s no way to enhance upon the film itself, the experience would almost certainly only be bettered if we have a Sony 42-Inch TV. With a jaw dropping ‘X-Reality’ picture, a wireless smartphone link-up element and lots more besides, this brand new 2013 smart tv is a doozy. It could lack some of the more compulsive features of Sony’s other smart TVs, but, after considering the display and glossy, ultramodern design of this Smart tv, it hardly seems to matter.


 


With the brand new Blu Ray edition of ‘It is a Wonderful Life’, a shiny Sony 42-Inch TV with a good speaker, you will never be happier to see an angel getting his wings.  



Sony 42-Inches of pure brilliance

No comments:

Post a Comment